Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010 Recap

As evidenced by this past year, I am bad at this. But that is why blogging is my New Years Resolution! Here are the highlights of 2010 to catch you up.

All is well here in Philly. We do really enjoy our neighborhood and getting to know our neighbors and the city. We are finally feeling settled in our home (it's been 2 years this coming January!). Dan finished painting my office and recently renovated our very tiny powder room downstairs. I will try to take some pictures soon.

We did have an addition to our family, but (don't get too excited) it was of the four legged kind.



We'd like to introduce you to a little Blue Nosed Pit Bull named Belle. She joined our family in September and we have been having lots of fun being "parents" to a puppy. She is 5 months old now and weighs about 13 lbs. She thinks she is a lap dog, which will be interesting when she is a full grown 45-50lb. dog. We are really looking forward to spring and summer when we can go for walks and take her to the dog park. GC gets along with her pretty well. They play a lot which is quite entertaining for us!

Dan and I didn't take any major vacations this year, but we did do a lot of traveling for weddings. We made it to 7 weddings for family members and friends. I forsee more in the future because quite a few of our friends are now engaged (including Dan's brother! YAY!). It makes us remember our special day almost 2 1/2 years ago, where does the time go!

In work news, Dan had an interesting year. He unfortunately was laid off from NW the day after my birthday (what a great present) and was without work for only about 2 months. He received a job with another sign company near Atlantic City but luckily was rehired by his old company in July. The long drive and working from home was not Dan's forte. His position at NW has changed slightly, but he really loves his job and is kept quite busy.

As for me I finally got out of the retail business (yay!!) and I am basically full time at the dance studio in Ardmore. I manage the office and teach about 8 classes a week. I also continue working the winter session at the Agnes Irwin School for girls with my friend Gen and teach creative movement at a preschool once a week. I was able to do a little traveling this summer with Indigenous Pitch (I am still the Program Director). We had our first international trip to Limbe, Haiti (about 3 hours north of Port au Prince). We worked with over 100 children that had been displaced due to the earthquake. It was a very humbling experience and it makes you realize just how blessed we all are. I also traveled to New Orleans for 2 weeks. It was a very full trip with 3 camps and a workshop.

Other than that, not much else is new. We just got hit with the first snow storm of the winter (12 inches....) and it reminded us how much we loathed the snow last winter. Hopefully we won't get as much as we do run out of places to put it when digging out. Christmas was wonderful and we hope yours was too. Dan unfortunately had the stomach flu on Christmas day, but he was a good sport. We are really looking forward to 2011 and what it will bring!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: